Thursday, April 30, 2020

Using a card kit

I love the look of Anna Griffin cards.  I have a couple of kits and decided it was time to play with them.

  I opened up the Valentine's kit.  The cards are lovely, but the sentiments are more for significant other than friends.  The love of my life is my cat Benjamin.  He doesn't care about getting mail or cards.  So I decided to turn them into birthday cards.



A few were made into "Thinking of You" cards.  Made a couple of them for special friends.  The first one is for one of my dear stamping buddies.  I think she will like it.


I made this one for a special friend who is crazy for cats.  Used kitties from another Anna Griffin kit.


I had a good time playing with the cards, deciding how to decorate them and what sentiment to use.  Some of the cards I made alternative sentiments with stamps in my collection. 

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Benjamin sounds like Rambo not caring if he gets a card or not. Whoever does get these cards will love then though. They're ALL sensational and so beautiful! WOW!!!
Lynn

Donna Ellis said...

Anne, I love that you repurposed these beautiful kits into friendship and birthday cards! Fabulous idea! Each is is so dear and elegant. Thanks for sharing your pretty cards! Hugs, de

NanaConnie said...

Anne, I think it's marvelous that you simply changed the sentiments and used those Valentine kits! What a great idea. I'm going to have to go on a search for Anna Griffin kits because I'm not familiar with that company. Thanks for the incentive. :-D
PS My cats don't care about getting cards, either. lol

KT Fit Kitty said...

I picked up an Anna Griffin kit and some other AG pieces on clearance but have not used much of them yet. I too love the look, and your cards are absolutely beautiful! Especially love the kitties! I so wanted that cat/dog kit but it was too pricey for me. P.S. My cats are the love of my life too. Please give Benjamin a cuddle from me!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful easel cards and love the last one with the cats pics
Carol x