Monday, June 24, 2019

Marbling with Karen Burniston and Stampin' Up

Hi, and welcome to my brand new blog. I belong to a small swap group that exchanges cards each month with a specific challenge topic.  June's topic is marbled paper.
For this card, I used a collection of DSP marbled paper from Stampin' Up to have the look of water and shore with palm tree and the sunshine. Used Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow to color the palm fronds.  The sky is done with My Favorite Things Stencil Mini Clouds and Stampin' Up ink Bermuda Bay. The die cut is by Karen Burniston, 1038 Tropical Scene.

Then I re-read the challenge, and realized it said marbled background.
I used a stamp from the Stampin' Up Good Morning Magnolia.  Background is marbled DSP from Stampin' Up.  The stamp was colored with Prismacolor Premium Pencils.

7 comments:

Sandra Grimes said...

Beautiful cards!! I love the look of the marbled background

Becky said...

Beautiful

Donna Ellis said...

Love your card creations and how completely different the two cards are using the same background! Hugs, de

Anne Buckingham said...

Thank you for checking out my new blog.
I appreciate your encouragement.
Anne

Helen said...

You should get extra credit for the first one--for exceeding spec! Both lovely, but I love the ocean island best.

Shandy said...

Both gorgeous cards, you are so creative!!!

NanaConnie said...

These are incredible, Anne! I'm finally healed enough to be able to visit and comment and now I'm your latest follower. I'm so impressed with what you did with the marbled papers, especially making the waves and island. What a marvelously creative way to create that card. Love your coloring on the wild rose, too.